Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is faith based organization that is a national network of Protestant Churches’ health facilities and programs from all over Kenya.
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is seeking to recruit:
1. Project Coordinator
Key roles and responsibilities:
· Provide leadership for the non-clinical components of the project
· Plan, coordinate and effectively monitor health systems strengthening activities
· Provide capacity building and technical support for project staff and implementing health facilities on planning, resource management and compliance
· Oversee the recruitment, contracting and management of local affiliated HIV treatment sites (sub-grantees)
· To coordinate the process of project annual work plan development and budgeting
· Coordinate dash-board review meetings to monitor work plan implementation and track expenditure against budgets
· Ensure timely and appropriate communication to various project stakeholders
Desired qualifications and skills
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Commerce/ Economics/ Business Administration or the equivalent with additional MBA (finance or strategic management) or MSC Economics or post graduate qualification in project management
· At least 3 years relevant project management experience
· Experience in working with USG funding compliance regulations
· Good communication and inter-personal skills
· High degree of integrity
· Proven ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy
· Financial management and analytical skills
· Proficiency in computer packages of word, excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and any accounting or project management package
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and deliver quality outputs
Send application to:
Application deadline: 7th November 2011
2. HIV/AIDS Technical Advisor – Medical Doctor
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBCHB). MPH is an added advantage.
· Minimum three years’ experience working in technical oversight, design and implementation of HIV/AIDS programs.
· Minimum three years’ experience in managing international donor funded programs including work plan development, budget development and tracking, staff supervision and monitoring &evaluation.
· Good technical knowledge and experience in HIV prevention, treatment, care and support and RH.
· Computer literacy. Competency in data analysis software is an added advantage.
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Self driven, team player and ability to cope with demanding situations to meet deadlines.
· Strong conceptual, analytical and planning skills.
3. HIV/AIDS Programme Officers- Nurses 2, Clinical Officers 2
· At least a Diploma in Nursing or Clinical Medicine.
· Relevant training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
· Up-to-date Registration with the relevant Council.
· Minimum three years’ experience in provision of clinical care and treatment for AIDS patients.
· Experience with in-service training on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
· Facilitation, training, documentation and report writing skills.
· Good written and oral communication skills in English.
· Ability to work under demanding deadlines and handle several tasks.
· Computer literacy with good knowledge of Micro Soft software.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Experience in working effectively in both an independent capacity and in diverse teams.
· Strong conceptual, analytical and technical skills.
· Willingness to travel extensively within the zone.
Closing date is December 20.
Send CV to:
The General Secretary,
Christian Health Association of Kenya,
P.O BOX 30690–00100
E-mail: secretariat [at] chak.or.ke